Jun 27, 2009

Adorable creatures

These lovely earrings were born few days ago while having fun with mokume gane technique.

I was shaving a sheet of mokume gane and spotted two cute shapes. It crossed my mind how gorgeous faces they are.


I’ve cut them out of the sheet and placed on a sheet of black polymer clay to give them thickness. I added blue and rose Swarovski flat back crystals for eyes and rushed them into oven.


A half an hour later adorable little boy and cutest little girl were smiling on me. I am completely in loved with them.


I’ve used few grits of dry/wet sandpaper for sanding by hand. I’ve also buffed them and covered with two protective layers of gloss glaze.



Beautiful sterling silver ear wires, a gift from a friend, made them look even better and really special to me.


I am keeping these adorable creatures for sure.

4 comments:

  1. Oh what pretty and cute earrings!
    Your shop is lovely, and so is your blog!
    Greetings from Frankfurt am Main,
    Epp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. I love them.
    Despite of my allergy I wear them all the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. well...mokume is fan
    congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i mean "fun" not "fan"
    sorry

    ReplyDelete